Monday 10 June 2013

Great News....

I work with some lovely people who seem to crave a sugar hit during the mid afternoon slump.

This is great news and I will tell you why.

We have a tuck shop in the office, well, I say a tuck shop, its really a large drawer in a filing cabinet loaded with goodies! Chocolate bars, crisps, sweets etc
There is also little money box tucked in there that staff pop their money in the box for anything they take.

A while ago, it was announced that all the proceeds from the tuck shop was to be donated to charity and that staff was invited to nominate any charity for this which was to be pulled from a hat.

As usual, I wasted no time in nominating the fabulous National Autistic Society as well as writing a little piece on the wonderful things the NAS do.


So this morning, I was sitting in work with the usual Monday morning feeling when it was announced that the charity had been selected and it was my very own National Autistic Society! Yaaaay! (I think I may of even done a little squeal with excitement in the office!)

This truly made my day and I know that my local NAS branch will put this to good use.

What a great start to the week!


2 comments:

  1. What great news! I love the idea eating chocolate brings in loot for a charity. Especially one so close to your heart. X keep munching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's not a reason to keep munching and to keep my chocolate levels up then I don't know what is! ha! x

      Delete