Sunday 20 March 2016

A very hippy week...

This week has been quite a calm week for me which is unusual but much needed.

As I haven't had much on this week (which was fully appreciated after the crazy previous months!) I decided to take everything at a slower pace.

I am a bit of an modern day hippy chick deep down and every so often the hippy-ness in me shines right through!

It's interesting because this week, I have noticed that it's been very apparent in me, must be because of the slower pace of life this week or something.

So this week, I started my Spring cleaning. I have took all all the curtains down, washed, dried, ironed and popped them back up, I've started washing the pillows, I have cleaned all light shades and fittings, I have cleaned and polished all pictures, photographs and frames.

I have deep cleaned the bathroom including all the tiles and grout.

I have pulled everything thing out of every kitchen cupboard, scrubbed, dried and replaced pans, baking stuff and food carefully checking the dates. I even climbed up on the units to clean the very top of them.

I have washed the kettle, toaster, microwave, tea, coffee, sugar caddies and all other stuff and then cleared the worktops to wash the tiles and scrub the tops. Then I put everything back.

I then pulled all shelves and salad boxes from the fridge, washed them in hot soapy water, washed down inside and outside the fridge and put everything back.

I cleaned the cooker and oven. Pulled the racks out, washed and then scrubbed the oven and hobs. Dried and out everything back. I then pulled out the cooker, fridge and washing machine to brush behind the and to wash and dry the floor and then push everything back into place.

So I have made a good start on the Spring clean but there is more to do before I can sign it off.

In between cleaning, I came across a bag of almonds that I had forgotten about. The date on them was okay and even tasting one they were fine so I decided I was going to bake something to use them up.
I have said before how I cannot stand food waste or any kind of waste so if anything needs using up, I tend to make something with it and give it to the boyf to eat :)

I had some Celeriac and Walnut soup for lunch that I had made previously but we had no bread to go with it. So that was the decision made. I would bake some bread with almonds.


The bread turned out yummy as the added almonds gave a nice sweetness to it.

The family came round for tea that night and scoffed the rest of one of the breads with their meal :)


As per my New Year resolution to grow at least one vegetable, I am concious that we are now officially in Spring so I need to get sowing.

Yesterday, I had a quiet spot in the afternoon as DS was resting I took advantage of the free time and planted some Broad bean and Spring Onion seeds.


I also have some carrot seeds but is still a little early to plant them yet.

Fingers crossed that I have some sort of success with these.

And lastly, another hippy side of me was to acknowledge and take part in Earth hour last night. so at 8.30pm all lights went out and DS and I sat all snuggled up in bed with just the warm glow of candles around us.
It was so lovely and calming that both DS and I really enjoyed it, in fact, we didn't put any lights back on all evening and the candlelight was too pretty to ruin it.


So a very eco-warrier or very a hippy week. I'll let you decide.......:)


Wishing you a very happy first day of Spring! :)

Love Amanda xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had a very productive week, good on you ! you're recipes always look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Angela. I love weeks like that where I get tons done, unfortunately I do not get the time often enough to tackle them :)

    ReplyDelete