Wednesday 14 February 2018

Fakeaway Magic...

So recently I suppose I have given myself and my little family a lifestyle overhaul.

Towards the end of last year, I took a long hard look at my our habits and thought about how I could change them to make them healthier or just better for us.

One little sneaky habit that had crept in was regular take aways.
Those days where I fancied a night off cooking or I felt that there was 'nothing in' the fridge or cupboards to throw a half decent meal together would have me reaching for the phone to order out.

I then started to look at the nutritional value of my favourite regular take away foods. I looked at the calories, fat, salt and sugar content and it was an sobering realisation!
My fave Chinese dish contained the calories and fat for a whole two days of food alone!

Also at over £20 a pop it was also expensive.
£10 per person to eat a fat and sugar laden meal when I can make something tasty and healthy at under £1.50 per person!
It is no brainer.

So I've since introduced homemade fakeaways on a Friday or Saturday night - or even both sometimes! :)
It takes no time at all, saves calories, fat and also pennies :)


So far, I've rustled up Lamb Rogan Josh, Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken, Egg Fried Rice,Chicken Chow Mein, Red Thai Curry, Beef in Black Bean Sauce, Skinny Lamb Doner Kebabs and my all time favourite - KFC Chicken!
I have found the most awesome KFC recipe! DS's Dad didn't believe me that it wasn't actually from KFC when I used him as my tester! :D


I have made no secret in the past that I am a sucker for wine and chocolate :)
They are my all time weaknesses.
This year, I have really curbed this habit limiting chocolate to just one night a week and a glass of wine if I fancy it but to be honest, more often than not, I have opted to have a mug of coffee instead :)
In fact, I have had no alcohol since the end of January just because I haven't fancied it.

I think it's no coincidence that just last week I hit my 2 stone weight loss.
Two whole stones gone forever - I am so chuffed! :)


Cooking my favourite meals from scratch and making them healthier seems to be working an absolute treat! :)
Saving money on overpriced takeaways just adds to the beauty of it :)

Speak soon,

Love Amanda xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment